If you do not feel safe at work contact us at email@example.com or (973) 735-6514
New Regulations for Warehouses in NJ
Executive Order 122, starting Friday April 10 at 8pm, Warehouses in New Jersey must at minimum adhere to the following:
- Prohibits non-essential visitors from entering the building
- Limit meetings to fewer than 10 people
- Require individuals to maintain six feet or more distance between them wherever possible
- Stagger work start and stop times where practicable
- Stagger lunch breaks
- Restrict the number of individuals who can access common areas concurrently
- Businesses must provide cloth face coverings and gloves, at their expense. Workers and visitors required to wear them.
- Require infection control practices (regular hand washing, etc.)
- Limit sharing of tools, equipment and machinery
- Require frequent sanitization of high-touch areas like restrooms, breakrooms, equipment and machinery
- Immediately separate and send home workers who appear to have symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Promptly Notify workers of any known exposure to COVID-19 at the worksite
- Clean and disinfect the worksite in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Have sufficient staffing levels carry out cleaning in a way that maintains safety of all workers in the facility.
If your employer is not following these practices, or if you want more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 735-6514.
Resources for NJ Warehouse Workers:
See here for an explanation of the benefits available to NJ workers impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.